- Full spectrum recording at 384k samples/second gives ability to record up to 192kHz.
- Concurrent sound monitoring in Heterordyne or Frequency Division.
- Data signal processing gives concurrent display of peak energy frequency and power bar.
- Time stamp included on all solutions.
- Auto record – trigger on event magnitude.
- Sleep mode saves power during the daytime.
- Low cost to maintain.
One Size Fits all
The Peersonic bat recorders are all based upon the same recording circuit board, and identical operating functions are available on the handheld RPA equipment as on the weatherproof static equipment so it's very easy to move from one device to the other as your needs change. All Peersonic handheld equipment is furnished with a tripod thread.
The RPA handheld offering can also be used for static based surveys where a 2-night deployment time is adequate.
Protection from poor weather conditions
The remote microphone can be attached to the RPA3; with 2-10mtrs of cable the user can devise a variety of methods to perform field work and create a weatherproof solution for the RPA3.
Although not highly waterproof, the remote microphone is weatherproof, and, as outdoor microphones will degrade with time, the maintainence cost is as low as £15 for a new mic disc insert.
The weatherproof unit consists of an IP67 enclosure and fittings, which is waterproof and submersible. A battery management board (BatMan) ensures that expensive rechargeable "D" cells are not over discharged, which can cause permanant cell damage. This also ensures that batteries are healthy on deployment, minimising the chance of a wasted session.
Safety circuitry is provided to prevent damage due to accidental reverse battery connection.
Duration of Use
Deployment time, depending upon night length is 5 nights plus.
Professional and academic customers justify their decision to use Peersonic equipment:
- At this price and for this quality of recording, I can equip my whole team with recording instruments.
- Setting up auto record and saving parameters means that I can leave equipment with a total novice. This has allowed a wide coverage of territory without demanding time from trained specialists. All they need to do is turn it on.
- I needed a microphone with an extended frequency response. Peersonic supplied at the same price as the standard internal microphone (£30).
- A single unit that does everything I need without additional gadgets for record and display.
- I can use an adaptor to turn my handheld RPA3 into a remote mic static recorder at minimum cost.
- I have purchased several RPA3 recorders, they can be left in a line of travel and reveal activity data over a controlled area, at a fair price overall.